The man who bought our pasture grass asked Dick how to make out the check. He said, "F. A. McCumber."
The man says, "What's F.A. stand for?"
"Frank Avery."
"Hmmp, now I know why they call you Dick."
Claudea sent a cute e-card with the tune to "happy birthday." Jan sang to me. I enjoyed the card and song, but my response was, "Little Rosemary got such a pretty name and I was stuck with Hilda."
Claudea replied back: "Odd how the mind works or doesnt .. ugly names are here today for the poor little babies. Really ugly ones went thru the school during the years that I worked there so Hilda is a nice kind name . But that's life , isnt it ? Dad always hated his name and never wanted to be called Wilbur as he said every mule on the prairie was named Wilbur..haha I always thought that was funny . There are no mules on the prairie named HIlda .. Good that she enjoyed the song .
love ,Claudea"
That's the funnest thing I've heard today. So if you don't like your name just know your greatgrandparents probably didn't either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is dang funny. Try having a lovely name like Cynthia. Then have everyone call you Sam. Which is perfectly cool with me, too. Then when you hear your "real" name, it sounds even better. That's my strategy. Nicknames. They keep your real name fresh and new sounding for places like the doctor's office. :)
Good to know!!! :) I did want to change my name too, but only because EVERYONE had it. Not that I didn't like it. :)
Post a Comment