Sunday, April 6, 2008

SUNDAY FUNNIES

Haines/Train
We lived in Haines when I was in the second grade. We had to cross the train tracks to get to school.
I know we had to cross the railroad track because Dale and I stood and watched the smoke from Baker come down… it was coming from the steam engine on the train… and we stood there and waited until that thing went thru Haines.
I don’t think we were going to school. I don’t think Dale was old enough. I think I was only in the second grade or something like that.
You can bet we were cautious. We were cautioned every day about that. My dad was a cautious man. I remember standing there waiting for that smoke to come from Baker down through Haines. Dad laughed about it; he thought it was funny. But he thought it was very very cautious. When you can’t even see the train there’s no use waiting on it. Oh well…
Rosemary must not have been on hand or she’d have told me what to do. She was a bossy little… Poop.

3 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Darn those bossy 1st children!

Amy said...

That's adorable!

jlcumber said...

she is so cute