From Jan: Sometimes trying to get GG to retell the stories we'd like to hear again gets pretty funny. Here are some of the side lines from the one we did a couple of weeks ago.
(It’s Friday and you need to tell the granddaughters a story.)
Oh, shit. Oops, I mean darn. True or False?
(They want you to tell them about your Mama being a wise little lady.)
…………….. Her hair was long ……… She’d pile it like a big cow pile ……… They might think that means a pile of cows. You’d better say cow shit.
(Tell me the story about you and Lucille walking and she had on the wrong shoes.)
Oh, she always had on the wrong shoes.
(She came out from Baker and the two of you were going to walk somewhere.)
We did a lot of walking. Didn’t have any other way to go.
(Do you remember the time the Sparta Stage picked you up?)
Around ten o’clock – I think.
(What would you tell them about listening to your mama?)
Listening to my Mama?
(No, not your mama – their mamas.)
What?
(What would you tell Theresa about listening to Millie?)
I’m not sure that would be smart. Millie wasn’t that good in school.
(I’m not talking about school. I’m talking about life. Advice about life.)
Oh. Tell the guys to keep their hands in their pockets.
(I have to say - she is great comic relief.)
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She is!! I love her!
That was funny shit! I mean stuff.
I LOVE GRANDMA STORIES!Thanks!
I have a true funny story about a cow pie , since the subject came up. As you know , my brother, Del,had a farm just out of Baker . And on that farm were several dried up cow pies. He and Walt thought it would be hilareous to wrap one up real pretty and send it to Toot . Toot never responded and those guys were dying of curiosity. They kept asking me if I'd heard anything from her and I"d tell them no. ( Toot was working on a plan of her own ) In fact, one of her friend's came to visit and was horrified that Toot was painting this cowpie.
She put a picture of herself sticking her tongue out on this cow pie and mailed it back.. Sad that Del had died and didnt get to know the rest of the story. Curt might still have that item....
Post a Comment