Sunday, May 18, 2008

SUNDAY FUNNIES

This is a strip I like to call "A day in the life" - of GG. by Jan
03/11/2008 - It’s 1:50am. I’m still up messing around with Mom’s stories on tape. I’ve heard her up 4 or 5 times to the bathroom. Maybe more…
This time there is an enormous OH DEAR! Even though I feel sure she’s just groaning as she gets back into bed, I need to go check on her. What? She’s still in the bathroom. I go in to find her with the waste basket pulled out and her head behind the toilet. When I get her attention… “I can’t find my hearing aid. I had it in my hand and it went flying. I don’t think it’s in the toilet. But I can’t find it.”
I move her out of the way and begin to search. I find it nowhere. I go into her room to look in her drawer where she keeps it at night. No, it’s not there… I return to the bathroom. Now she is looking through the trash. “I don’t think it’s in the toilet, but I didn’t flush it just in case.” OK… whole hand deep down through the paper and whatever… No hearing aid. Well, actually that’s a relief. I wash my hands and she starts pawing through the trash. “I don’t think it’s in here, but I don’t know where it could have flown.” I help her go through the trash. She’s right it’s not there. I look everywhere Again! “No, I didn’t put it on the shelf.” I pat her down. “No, it’s not down there!”
I return to the bedroom. It’s not under her pillow with the 6 used Kleenexes. No, it’s not anywhere on the chest top. And it’s not in the drawer with the half eaten candy bar. On my knees, under the bed, I find 2 TUMS, a Hershey kiss, a used straw, a lot of dust bunnies and one hearing aid.
I return to bathroom. She’s up to her elbow in the toilet… I get her attention and show her the hearing aid. “Where was it?” I lay it on the counter to try to get her to wash her hands. “Was it on the counter all this time?” I’m shaking my head, “No.” and pantomiming, “Wash your hands.” She gets that done, puts in her hearing aid, and asks, “Where was it?” “I found it under your bed.” “Really? I wonder how it flew clear in there?”
2:00am - Back to bed.
I say, “Have you been asleep at all tonight?”
“Oh, yes. Is it morning?”
“No, it’s still night.”
“OK. Well, thanks for finding the hearing aid. And I’ll stay in bed now.”
“I’ll see you in the morning. Good night.”
It’s now 2:14am and she back up to the bathroom.
GOTA LOVE HER!!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That made me laugh.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you both had a very busy night !! so glad you found her hearing aid !!!

Thayer & Associates said...

Thats my Grandma.