I have turned on my bedroom light, the hall light, the kitchen light; I have the back door unlocked and the carport light on. I’m pretty sure everyone else is asleep. I’ll just set here in the dark on the couch and talk to the cat until someone else gets up.
I’m ready to go as soon as they are. I’m fully dressed. On my walker tray, is my purse – I’ve put my TUMS and my eye drops in it. I also have my robe and gown neatly folded and my slippers. Oh, yes, I didn’t forget my heating pad; I found it under my pillow and got it unplugged and added it to the stack.
Oh, here is Jan now. I’ll explain to her the important stuff I need to do back at the apartment. She doesn’t even know that the apartment is in Milton-Freewater. But I explain that too.
She says I need a cool drink of water –
She says it’s the middle of the night –
She says I have to get undressed and go back to bed –
She says we’ll talk about it in the morning.
Well, morning will be here soon, and then maybe I can convince them to go.
(Jan says, “I hope this is just the heat… and we’ll be back to our "normal” soon.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy buckets! Good luck!! Give her kisses from me!
Whew. Keep that sense of humor, Aunt Jan. We all like to escape reality once in awhile. :)
Yes, we all do.
Thanks for all your comments, Sam & Jenn. I like to think someone is reading this.
AJ
What a sweetheart. Both of you!!
Post a Comment