Sunday, June 27, 2010

Better late than never!!!

Tis easy to tell that I am not good at this "posting" thing!! I always have many things to share about our time with Auntie....but don't seem to take the time to post.



Today has been the strangest day that I have ever spent with her.........She was up at 6am, bright, but not very cognizant of what was going on around her. (not unusual) By 7:45 am she was fed and ready for church. She commented that it looked like the sun was going down and it was winter. She said that she was very cold, and she started shivering. I tucked her into bed with a heating pad and a quilt....(very unusual, as she does NOT go to bed in the daytime!!!!) She went sound to sleep and did not wake up until 3pm. At that time she was very weak and disoriented. I had to have help to get her to the bathroom and clean her up as she could not help me at all. She went back to bed and slept until 5:30pm. We got her up, she was still very disoriented and wobbly. Jeff put her at the table for dinner and she ate a little bit with us. She is still up now (7:10) but keeps sitting on her bed wanting to lay down. I am just encouraging her to stay up a bit. She does not have a temp., her BP is rather low, but that is all. Big clue as to how she is not clicking today.......besides saying that her legs won't work, she put her shoes on the wrong feet!! I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day!!..............

3 comments:

Jan said...

Me too, for all of you. It is always so hard to see her down, then just as quick she'll be her old self again. It's always such a mystery - what brings it on and what helps it.
Love you all.

Thayer & Associates said...

Thank you Margie for posting. Getting to know what and how she is doing is always nice. I hope she has a better day tomorrow too. Can you tell her that I love and Miss her.
Thanks again

Sam said...

Hmmm...sorry to hear she is not well. Hope she's better soon.